Moving into senior housing can be a stressful process, and it’s important to find a facility that suits the needs of yourself or your loved ones. Some seniors like to live in large apartment-style retirement communities, while some may have health needs that necessitate the 24/7 medical attention of an assisted living facility.
One option that is often overlooked is a board and care home, also called an adult foster home. The difference between board and care and other facilities is primarily size. These facilities usually house ten or fewer residents, and are often residential homes that have been refurbished to be more accessible to seniors.
Premiere Cottages follows this model, with four comfortable facilities in residential Long Beach neighborhoods that offer the same amenities that larger facilities do. If you’re interested in a board and care home, take a tour of one of our cottages and see if it’s a good fit for you.
Board and Care Amenities
At Premiere Cottages, we treat our residents like family, seeing to their nutritional, psychological, and emotional needs. Some of the services we offer are:
- Home-cooked meals every day. Residents can make requests for new meals, and we also accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions.
- Assistance with daily tasks such as dressing, bathing, and mobility
- Organized social activities, such as game nights, movie nights, and trips to local destinations
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments, social visits, etc. upon request
- Medication management. Our staff can keep track of residents’ medications, dosages, and schedules so residents can go about their days worry-free.
Each of our cottages has six beds, all wheelchair-accessible. Some master suites with private bathrooms are available, and many rooms have access to the outdoors, including decks, patios, and the backyard.
Board and Care Application Process
The application process for a board and care facility is usually simple and designed to make sure that the facility will meet the residents’ needs. Questions asked include the resident’s health needs, eating and sleeping habits, preferred living arrangement, and general likes and dislikes. We recommend you schedule tours of our cottages to make sure that they will fit with your preferred lifestyle.
Contact Premiere Cottages if you’re interested in a Long Beach board and care facility for yourself or a loved one.