According to surveys, about 90% of seniors wish to live in their homes as long as possible. Home is a familiar, comfortable setting. Many seniors have spent decades paying off mortgages, and so their home is a place that feels truly theirs. Moving into a retirement home or assisted living facility can be a discouraging prospect, since it means starting over with new living arrangements or even new roommates.
That’s why Premiere Cottages offers senior home care so that seniors can choose to live out their days in the comforts of home. Home care offers many of the same advantages that living in a facility does, including 24/7 support from a caring staff and medical amenities, along with the psychological benefits of being in familiar surroundings.
Senior Home Care Services
Senior home care is not the same as hospice care. Hospice care is meant for patients who have a terminal illness or condition and are not seeking further medical treatment. Home care is simply meant for seniors who need a little help around the home, who may otherwise be in good health.
Home care involves visits from a team of medical professionals, such as health care aides, Registered Nurses (RNs), homemakers, social workers, physical therapists, and other specialists. The schedule of care is customized according to the patient’s needs.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- General medical checkups, including monitoring heart rate, blood pressure, cholesterol, eyesight, cognitive capabilities, etc.
- Recuperation from injury or surgery
- Management of prescribed medical treatments and devices, such as medication, IVs, and catheters
- Physical therapy and cognitive therapy to help restore and maintain physical and mental capabilities
- Education and assistance for the patient’s caregivers, which may include spouses, family members, or close friends
- Cleaning the household
- Cooking meals
- Providing transportation to doctor’s appointments, social visits, or elsewhere as the patient desires
- Providing companionship, especially if the patient is living alone
We can accommodate most patient requests, scheduling visits when needed and assisting the patient with daily tasks. The patient has no obligations or requirements. They may choose to move into a facility at any time. However, our goal is always to keep the patient independent if that is their wish, providing them a life of dignity and well-being.
If you or a loved one is in need of help around the home, contact Premiere Cottages and find out how senior home care can help you maintain your quality of life. Our caring, compassionate staff is ready to serve your needs.